Who We Are
Monument Community Presbyterian Church was founded in 1874, two years before Colorado became a state, by Presbyterian missionary Dr. Sheldon Jackson. The congregation began with 6 members. MCPC is the only Presbyterian Church in the Tri-Lakes community.
In 1880, members constructed a small sanctuary, which was dedicated in 1881. It remains today as our beloved Sheldon Jackson Chapel.
By the early 1880's the Presbyterian Church had become the most-attended congregation in the Palmer Divide area. Homestead families came from outlying ranches as far north as Greenland and from the Black Forest ranchlands to the south and east. Today this is still roughly the area we serve, from the heart of Monument, extending out 10-20 miles to the north, east, and south.
What We BelieveOur knowledge of God and God's purpose for humanity comes from the Bible, particularly what is revealed in the New Testament through the life of Jesus Christ. Our salvation (justification) through Jesus is God's generous gift to us and not the result of our own accomplishments. It is everyone's job - ministers and lay people alike - to share this Good News with the whole world. That is also why the Presbyterian church is governed at all levels by a combination of clergy and laity, men and women alike.
Our Vision & Mission
Illuminating God's GOOD NEWS in a joyful, caring, community of faith.